Having a Cobra Surveillance System as a form of monitoring whatever is happening in the environment where you installed them is good because you are sure that you can easily watch your videos over and over again without stress and still have a good knowledge of what might have taken place in your absence.
Another good thing here is that you can easily have this camera handy with you anywhere you are, no matter the distance, as long as you have the Cobra Surveillance System apps connected to your android phone, your iPhone, your iPad, or your tablets.
It automatically makes it easier for you to watch everything happening without coming home to your monitor to watch them from the playback option.
However, in this article, we will take you on a step-by-step guide on how to connect Cobra Surveillance System to phone, Wi-Fi, and have a good view at any time.
Cobra Surveillance System App: An Overview
The Cobra Surveillance System app is the app that simply allows you to stream videos, watch images, and have a good look at all footage from your Surveillance camera through your phone, iPad, or tablet as long as you have it downloaded on either of them.
The app is well designed to allow you to have a clear view of whatever is going on in your place when you are not around or even when you travel.
The app can be downloaded from the Apple app store or the Google Play store, depending on the type of phone or device you are using.
Certain apps would enable you to do this, and all of them are so compatible with the Cobra Surveillance System. They include the following:
- RXCamView app
- COBRA Control Panel app
- MyCan View app
- AtHome Camera app
- And many others
These apps are meant to enable you to watch your home’s angles and view all cameras depending on the number of channels you have a surveillance camera. With the app, you have your home or office just right in your hand.
How to Connect Cobra Surveillance System to Phone
Here are the easiest way to connect Cobra Surveillance System to Phone:
- To connect Cobra Surveillance System to phone, you have to first download the RXCamView app on your phone from the Google Play Store or Apple app store.
- After the app is downloaded, the next thing you should do is to install it on your phone.
- After you have installed the app on your phone and have accepted all the policies from the app manager, then go to the device list and click on the plus (t) icon on the top right corner of the device.
- After clicking the T icon, you will see certain settings you would need to click on, like allowing you to take pictures and videos with the app.
- After this, go to the online search or scan the QR Code. You would be asked certain things like your IP Address, mobile port name, username, and password and ensure you fill all of this correctly. After this, it would tell you that the device exists.
- Next would be to go to your device manager and input the device name on the column provided.
- After this is done, it will show you all columns, and then click on the first box showed and go to the settings, where it will show you all the options of setting-up as many cameras as you are using.
- Ensure you set up all cameras you would be viewing. Set the HD, streaming, clarity of view, etc., and have all your cameras ready. (The boxes shown are cameras you would need to set up on your device).
- At times, your cameras may be missing when you log into the app. If that happens, you would always need to do the settings again, but try as much as possible and save all settings so they will not get lost again.
- Scroll through all your cameras to ensure they are all ok and ready to view, exit the app and try login in again to see and ensure that your camera settings are still intact and that your cameras are coming up as they should.
- You can also check all your viewing channels to ascertain that all its settings are intact.
- Then your cobra surveillance system is connected to your phone.
- Download the RXViewCam app from your Google Play store and ensure you follow all settings and install the app on your phone.
- Go to the settings on your device list and either scan through the QR Code or manually type in all necessary things and details you must need to have handy before completing the settings like IP Address, user port, username, and password, etc.
- You can also set up by adding your DVR name and other details from your machine and ensure you save to enable connectivity.
- Go to your settings and scroll through all your camera settings, and ensure you carefully set up all channels that you would like to view from the app on your phone.
- Scan your QR code to give you a unique code; some would have their codes on their DVR box, pending the way yours is; carefully follow this process and get this done.
- Once done, then your Cobra Surveillance system is connected to your phone.
These are the ways you can easily connect your Cobra Surveillance System to your android phone.
How to Connect Cobra Surveillance System to iPhone
Here are the best way to connect Cobra Surveillance to iPhone:
- To connect your Cobra Surveillance System to your iPhone, download the Drive HD by Cobra from the Apple app store and install it on your iPhone. This would help you connect and enjoy good viewing.
- Go to your settings and ensure you set up all your camera channels depending on how many they are. Always try as much as possible to get the settings the way you want to be viewing your cameras.
- Ensure you carefully connect your wireless IP camera to your DVR; you can do this by pairing your app from the Microsoft store (this is for cameras that need to be authenticated without developing a custom application).
- Immediately you have done all settings and have your DVR or NVR set up completed; you would be able to see how you can view your cameras from anywhere you are and from any angle.
- Ensure that you set up your entire camera well, get it connected to the DVR, and once you have your configurations well ready, click on connect to an ad-hoc network.
- Once done, you can easily view your cameras from your iPhone, which means you have successfully connected the Cobra Surveillance System to your iPhone.
How to Connect Cobra Surveillance System to Wi-Fi
Here are the easiest way to connect Cobra Surveillance System to Wifi:
- To connect your Cobra Surveillance System to wifi, you have to ensure that your VR camera is well turned on.
- The next thing to do is to carefully check and know if your phone has been connected to the Wi-Fi you are using.
- Ensure you open the VR180 app from your phone if you are using an android phone.
- Go to more and check all your settings and ensure you carefully complete all necessary settings to help you view and watch without stress anytime and anywhere.
- Ensure you choose the camera(s) you want to get connected to your Wi-Fi.
- Click on connect to Wi-Fi and make sure you do this carefully.
- Carefully select your Wi-Fi network.
- Click on continue; then, you can easily view your camera through the Wi-Fi. This is to say that you have successfully connected your Cobra Surveillance System to your Wi-Fi.
It is as easy as anything you can think of as far as you dully follow all the process the way you should.
Pros of Connecting Cobra Surveillance System to Phone
Below are the advantages of connecting the Cobra Surveillance System to phone:
With the app on your phone and you have all cameras connected to it, you can easily navigate and have access to all angles and all the cameras in either your house, office, or your entire environment.
This is to say that you will have a full view of whatever is going on where you have those cameras installed, and you would not be limited to the camera you have to view. If they are 8 cameras, you can easily have a view of all of them.
View Cameras From Anywhere
You would also have the privilege of watching over your environment through the cameras on your phone from anywhere. This is to say even if you are in a far distance, you would not be in the dark on all the happenings taking place, and you can easily make contributions and amendments on how you want things to go despite where you find yourself at a particular time.
Easily Monitor Your House or Environment
Since having security cameras at home are one of the things that makes a valid house, with the cameras in your phone through the app, you are sure of watching over anything and monitor all movements and whatever happens at your home at any time.
This is to say that your camera is your assistant updating you on all happenings and telling you what you need to know anytime you need to know it.
The videos are another good and important thing you would enjoy. You can easily view and see high-quality videos depending on the type of phone and resolution of HD and pixels your phone has. What good will it do if even when you are trying to view what is happening at your home yet, you can’t clearly see them because of how low quality the camera is, with this, you are able to view your house in high quality.
Disadvantages of Connecting Cobra Surveillance System to Phone
There are still some disadvantages of connecting your Cobra Surveillance System to your phone. They are as follows:
The network is a major factor that determines if you could connect and watch your cameras through your phone. The network can be faulty at times, and you would not be able to watch and have a good view of whatever you would want to watch at a particular time. Here network is the major factor. If there is a bad network, you would be cut off and not know what is going on.
Your phone cams become too clumsy and start hanging, and when this happens, you would not be able to watch and have a view of your home or office through your phone. In this case, your phone memory would easily get filled up depending on your phone’s internal and external memory.
Inability to Connect to the Internet
Sometimes your phone can develop a fault and would be unable to connect to the internet. This is different from a bad network, but this time, your phone does not automatically connect as it is supposed to be.
This can be due to software issues or other technical issues from your phone, and when this happens, you would not be able to know what is happening when the issues are coming up.
Cost of Data and Subscription
This would be expensive to run because you would always need data to subscribe and get connected. Staying such videos can drain data and leave you with no option other than always trying to purchase data to enable you to watch and monitor your home or office.
Having your surveillance cameras on your phone is more beautiful and perfect because you would easily have adequate and on-time knowledge of all happenings taking place where you have your cameras installed without coming to watch the playback version of the video.
This is to say you would easily know what is happening when they are happening. (First-hand information is key). And this is what many people yearn to have at any point in time. With these in place, you would know and have all the information you need to have.